There’s a common saying among emailing marketers. It goes something like this: “The Money Is In Your List”. I’ll do that one better and say “Your Targeted Email List Is Where The Real Riches Are”.
7 Tips For Building An Opt In Email List For Increased Profits
- Publish An Online Newsletter- Publishing a newsletter once or twice per month can have people lined up ready to give you their email addresses. It’s important that you use a newsletter software. It's free and will provide you with a sign up form and automatically handle all of your opt in email chores for you. Think of it as building a targeted opt in email list automatically. Then all you have to do is create your newsletter and hit ‘Publish’ and you’re done. Simple as that.
- Write an eBook or Special Report and Give It Away- The eBook doesn’t need to be a War and Peace type eBook, a special report of 5-15 pages can create a flood of new emails if it’s a timely and valuable content. Junkola or regurgitated “free” ebooks or special reports that is readily available on the Internet or on PLR websites will have your ‘unsubscribe’ link burning up with people bailing on you and reporting your offer as spam. Write, or pay someone to write, a valuable piece of content!
- Stalk The Forums - Chances are your niche has any number of Internet forums you could visit and participate in. One of my blogs/websites has to do with construction tools. I found about a dozen forums where I could participate. Use a signature link to drive people to your site (if the forums will allow it, some don’t) If the forums do not allow signature links, you can always wait for the opportunity to post a link to a helpful page on your site. Most forums will allow you to post a link in your user Profile as well. Even if you can’t post links, if you’re helpful enough and post quality suggestions to peoples problems, they’ll check your Profile to find out more about you and come across a link to your site. Don’t underestimate Forums!
- Content Is Still King - Yes, I just checked and King Content is still reigning on his throne. Write quality content and people will want more of what you have to offer. This makes it much easier for them to trust you with their email address.
- Use Articles To Create A Flood Of New Subscribers - I’ve discussed the advantages of article marketing before. If you follow the advice in that article, you can have a steady stream of new subscribers beating a path to your sign up form month after month. Article marketing sets you out as an expert in your niche. People trust experts!
- People Are Lazy, Make It Easy For Them To Give You Their Email Address- Face it, we’re lazy. Having said that, you need to make it as easy as possible for people to sign up for whatever you’re offering. I can’t tell you the number of times I visit a blog or website and immediately want to know more about the niche and I search and search for a newsletter or other sign up form and can’t find one. Put the sign up form above the fold and as close to the content as possible. I use borders, graphics and colored text to draw attention to my sign up forms. Make it easy by providing links to the form as well. Be sure to list the benefits of signing up, ie; will they get free stuff or “can’t find it anywhere else secrets”?
- If All Else Fails, Buy An Email List- There are a number of list brokers out there. Some of these can be expensive. Some are really cheap. Be careful of the list you buy. You don’t want to buy a list from a spammer who’s sent the people hundreds of spam emails. Buy from a quality list broker and make sure the list are opt in email list. A double opt in email list is even better.
Bonus Tip: If you have a really good product or service, contact people who already have a list and offer them a cut of the profits. Expect to fork over anywhere from 40 to 60% of your profits for having them market your product or service to their list. This may sound steep, but remember, it’s the list they built and the people on their list trust them. They’re more likely to buy from your joint venture partner if he/she endorses your product. Consider it a wise investment, because you’ll be able to jump start your own list with the buyers from the joint venture.
What are you waiting on? Get to building your money making targeted opt in email list